I love being tagged with awards and memes by other bloggers. It gives you a chance to get to know other bloggers and for them to get to know you. It also at times gives you something to write about when you are struggling to find a light hearted topic, or sometimes any topic.
The way I write my blog, I have a theme. I try to blog about a lesson in life each day. Sometimes fitting memes into “a lesson” can be challenging.
I have done a tenth photo meme and I still have another one to do. I have done a 7 things you don’t know about me meme, and I have done the Happy 101 list of 10 things that make me happy twice. The first time I wrote about unexpected happiness and the second time I wrote about there being happiness in every day.
When I was tagged for the third time with the Happy 101 ten things that make you happy meme by Potential Mummy B at My Baby Adventure, I chuckled to myself. I wondered if I would be clever enough to come up with a new take and a new lesson on something I have done twice before.
I have risen to the challenge and I have decided to write about ten things I am happy I don’t have to do. How is that for creative?
So here is my list:
1. I have no more pampers/diapers to change. Sure I still have my little daughter’s cute little tushy to wipe, but no more smelly diapers.
(Photo courtesy of Miss O’Crazy)
(Unless of course you count the ones I change on adults in the ER. Hmmm, maybe I should qualify that and say I am happy to have no more baby diapers to change.)
2. I don’t have to find things to do with my free time to keep me from being bored. That’s because I have no free time. I have my family, my house, my job and now blogging. No, I definately do not have to find things to occupy my time.
3. I don’t have to iron with an iron that barely gets out the wrinkles. I have an amazing big humungous steam iron and when I iron it goes really fast. Unless of course I have two weeks worth of ironing piled up because I have been blogging…
4. I don’t have to work full time. Or I should say I don’t have to work full time in a paying job. I am thankful to be able to have the luxury of only working part time.
5. I don’t have to do all the housework on my own. My kids are big enough to help out and sometimes they even do a better job than me. My hubby is a great help as well.
6. I don’t have to fight my kids for computer time. Thanks to my amazing hubby, I finally have my own mac laptop. I am quite sure that he is regretting buying me one since I have been linked at the hip with it since I got it and definitely since I discovered blogging.
(Photo courtesy of Spike)
7. I don’t have to think twice about picking up the phone and calling my sisters overseas. Or at least as far as cost I don’t. Them being 10 hours behind me can be a bit tricky if I don’t want to wake them in middle of the night or at the crack of dawn. I remember when the cost of these overseas phone calls were prohibitive and did cause you to think twice or at least keep your calls short.
8. I don’t have to go to parent/teachers meetings. Well I don’t know if it is true that I don’t have to but I don’t go because my husband goes instead of me because I really do not like going. So let’s just pretend that I don’t have to go.
9. I don’t HAVE to go to school. If I chose to go back to school to learn something it will be because I want to. I do feel bad for my kids sometimes when they are struggling with subjects that they really will never use.
10. It’s okay if I don’t have a number 10 for this list, because I can’t think of anything else. So I am happy that I don’t have to have a number 10 if I don’t want to.
And now in blogging tradition I tag the following bloggers with the Happy 101 award and send them on their mission to find a list of ten things that make them happy. And if perchance they have done it before, they have creative license to change it around.
* Paula at Battling On
* Annette at Mammakerr
* Claire at The Life of a Twenty Something Mum
* Tara at Sticky Fingers
* Julia at What Will Julia Do Next
* The redhead at Deer Baby
* Snaffle’s Mummy at Snaffles Mummy
* Vicki at Vegemitevix (Because I would like to see how she manages to come up with another list when she only managed one on the list she just did. LOL-with friends like me who needs enemies?)